Friday 25 May 2012

Dublin Docklands Summer Festival

What a weather!!!! It's difficult to believe... only four or fivedays ago I was still wearing my coat+scarf and now I can use my flip flops to go outside. 

So the summer is here, and with it the Summer Festivals! We'll start with....





DUBLIN DOCKLANDS SUMMER FESTIVAL (26th - 27th MAY)

Tomorrow and Sunday, the Grand Canal Square will be the most interesting place to go if you are in Dublin during the weekend.

I passed by this morning and the square looked fantastic! well, everything looks nice when the sun is shining, that is true: people were having their morning coffes outdoors, some others –like me– were having a walk and getting some sun 



even the swans and the seagulls had come out to enjoy the atmosphere!





And only this morning I've learnt about the festival: yes, lately my head has been busy in some other less important but more time-consuming issues and I haven't heard too much about events in Dublin... till this morning, when I saw the posters



So after my walk, I've come home and done a little bit of research. This is what I've found about the festival in visitdublin (the official online tourist office for Dublin):


And then, I've gone to the official Festival web page and looked for the program, which you can see bu clicking here.

The event will start at 10:00am both days, and well, some of the activities scheduled are very attractive. For instance, I wouldn't like to miss the Gibson Hotel Duck Races that will take place on Sat and Sun at 3pm. I'll buy a couple of ducks for the kids (and a couple for me) and will do everything I can to win the race! Check it out:



There are many more interesting things to do/see/taste/enjoy, so, if I were you, I wouldn't miss it!

See you there

No comments:

Post a Comment