Saturday 15 October 2011

Nice cafe in Dun Laoghaire

It was my birthday last Saturday!

We had initially thought of going out of Dublin for the day, but the weather was not very promising, so we changed our minds in the morning and decided to stay in Dublin and go somewhere nice for brunch.



As it was my day, my family let me decide where to go and it wasn`t difficult for me: THE GIDDY GOOSE in Dun Laoghaire! I was really looking forward to trying it since the very first time I saw it some months ago.





And I have to say that I loved the place!
To start with, the decor is so fresh: white and soft colours, with cute details, like the beautiful mirror in one of the corners




or the great lamps hanging from the ceiling




The menu is quite complete. You can find typical Irish breakfast, yogurt with fruit granola and honey, sandwiches, paninis, homemade cakes, pastries, salads, soups.... an offer that would cover almost all tastes.

Our winner: the vanilla milkshake! My kids are fans of vanilla milkshakes and try them in every restaurant we go. They absolutely loved them here! According to them the milkshakes here are not too thick and not too liquid, not too sweet either - just perfect.




We had the chance to meet the owner, an Argentinian woman who told us how she started the business. The staff are very friendly although a little bit slow to bring what we ordered (the place was full, so it's understandable).

Regarding the toilets: very very clean. No complaints on that area.

As a summary, I would totally recommend the place. If you also want to try, their address is:

Giddy Goose Cafe
138-139 Lower George's Street
Dun Laoghaire
Dublin










No comments:

Post a Comment