Friday 20 January 2012

What shall we do this weekend? (20-22 Jan, 2012)

TGIF! I felt the week was a bit too long, don't know why....

But finally it's here, so now let's prepare ourselves to get the most out of the weekend.

First of all: how is the weather going to be? I was checking www.met.ie earlier this afternoon and apparently the weather is not going to be that bad in Dublin: mostly sunny but a bit windy - fantastic news to start the weekend!

Next: any events that we should really consider checking out? Apart from the usual (Imaginosity, museums, parks/playgrounds...) which are always a great option, I would recommend:



1) The Dublin Chinese New Year Festival (20th Jan - 3rd Feb):



There are many activities planned to welcome the year of the Dragon. All events (dates and times included) are detailed in the Festival web.


2) One expat mum I know, who lives in Dún Laoghaire told me about KICKSTART 2012, which will take place at People's Park in Dún Laoghaire on Sunday 22nd Jan, from 12pm to 3pm. It's a FREE event and it can be fun for the kids: there'll be bouncy castles, face painters, music everywhere..... and we'll be able visit the market (the Coco market is on at the park every Sunday) and get something to eat there.

3) Yesterday, I saw a picture on the first page of the Irish Times about the new musical Dirty Dancing -  last Tuesday 17th Jan was the Irish premiere and there'll be shows until 25th Feb (tickets for all Saturday performances sold out already!) at the Grand Canal Theatre. If you - like me - still cry when you hear Johny saying: "Nobody puts Baby in a corner", I'm sure this will be The time of your life: enjoy the show and tell us all about it afterwards!

I really hope you enjoy the sunny weekend ahead of us... and I'd love to hear from you next week telling me all about it :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment